Double-Nine: Lovers

The 'Double-Nine' short story series consists of many, individual stories composed within a ninety-nine word limit. It's intended partly for me to keep blogging even if I don't feel like it, as well as help me hone my writing skills. This is the first story in the series; comments are welcomed and much appreciated.

We were lying in bed together after making sweet love, her naked body entwined with mine. We've been together for seven years now. I remember the resistance her father had put up to my marrying her. It almost broke her, facing the man who watched her grow up respond so angrily like that. I gave her my hand to hold, a small sign of tenderness. She eventually pulled through to marry me. I smile, and it is a happy one. I love her as much as she loves me. Why can’t anyone accept that, just because I’m a girl?

1 comments

Leave a Comment
top